Zinc – an important trace element
Zinc and selenium are essential trace elements, which means that they are essential for life, but cannot be produced by the body itself. Trace elements because only small doses are necessary for the maintenance of important body functions. Zinc plays an important role as a cofactor in over 300 enzyme systems. It plays a central role in the immune response, cell division and cell growth (e.g. wound healing processes), in its antioxidant effect and for fertility. It also has a positive effect on the sugar metabolism. Due to its effect on specific enzyme systems, it also supports certain detoxification enzymes for alcohol detoxification and for heavy metal detoxification.
Since zinc cannot be permanently stored in the body, it has to be supplied to the body continuously. Zinc should not be taken at the same time as other minerals, as this could impair the body’s absorption.
Dr. Krause Supplements Zink as zinc picolinate:
- Highly dosed: Each capsule contains 15 mg of pure zinc as bioactive zinc picolinate. Daily dose 1 capsule a day. Excellent value for money. Zinc is involved as a cofactor in many metabolic processes and contributes, among other things, to the normal function of the immune system as well as to the maintenance of normal skin, hair, and nails as well as to the maintenance of cognitive function (intellectual performance).
- Bioavailability: Zinc as zinc picolinate is absorbed particularly well by the body and is therefore available to the more than 300 enzyme systems particularly quickly. Zinc picolinate has a better bioavailability than cheaper zinc compounds such as zinc citrate, zinc oxide and zinc sulfate or zinc bisglycinate.
- Laboratory-tested quality: With our zinc picolinate (Zinc Picolinate) capsules, each batch is tested and certified for its purity by an independent German quality laboratory. Therefore guaranteed free of heavy metals, fungicides, pesticides, questionable colorants and preservatives, titanium dioxide. It is vegan and produced without genetic engineering, as well as naturally lactose-free and without magnesium stearate, yeast or starch.
- Environmentally friendly: We use 100% recyclable glass bottles, amber glass in pharmacist quality, for our product.
- Customer satisfaction: The satisfaction of our customers is very important to us at Dr Krause Supplements. Our medical staff will be happy to help you with any questions you may have about the product.
The specified daily intake must not be exceeded. Keep the product closed, cool, dry and out of the reach of children.
- Zinc picolinate
- Capsule: vegan HPMC (cellulose capsules) WITHOUT titanium dioxide, calcium carbonate
- Bulking agents: microcrystalline cellulose, rice extract, sunflower oil, calcium phosphate
Take 1 capsule whole, preferably in the evening, with sufficient liquid.
Dr. Krause Supplements Zink
High bioavailability of zinc as high-quality zinc picolinate. Zinc picolinate is a zinc compound bound to organic acids. These organic zinc compounds have the advantage that they do not bind to food factors and avoid mineral competition. They are easier to use than inorganic zinc compounds such as zinc oxide or zinc sulfate and therefore have a higher bioavailability.
This product is guaranteed to be free from: heavy metals, fungicides, pesticides, questionable dyes and preservatives, titanium dioxide (TiO2). It is vegan and produced without genetic engineering, as well as naturally lactose-free and without magnesium stearate, yeast or starch.
- to a normal acid-base metabolism
- to a normal carbohydrate metabolism
- to a normal metabolism of macronutrients
- to a normal fatty acid metabolism
- to the maintenance of normal bones, hair, skin and nails
- to a normal cognitive function
- to a normal DNA synthesis
- normal fertility and normal reproduction
- to maintain normal testosterone levels in the blood
- to maintain normal vision
- to normal function of the immune system
- to protect cells from oxidative stress.
Possible signs of a zinc deficiency:
(Always consult your doctor or therapist)
- Chronic fatigue, reduced stress resistance, lack of strength, loss of appetite, anemia, allergies.
- Immune system: increased susceptibility to infection with reduced humoral and cellular immune reaction
- Insulin resistance, glucose intolerance
- Skin / hair / nails: flaky skin changes, delayed wound healing, tendency to skin fungus; thin hair, brittle, white-spotted nails.
- Decreased sperm production; decreased ovulation; Growth disorders, weight loss
- Mucous membranes: diarrhea, glossitis, inflammation of the gums, mucous membrane atrophy
- Odor and taste disorders
- Central nervous system: Depression, hyperactivity, concentration disorders, learning disabilities
- Decreased resistance to environmental toxins.
Zinc in food:
The frontrunners in the zinc supply from food are: oysters, wheat germ, wheat bran, cocoa powder, poppy seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, oat flakes, various types of cheese, beef, liver. However, the human body can only absorb 15-40% of the zinc contained in food. The rest is excreted unused. Zinc from animal foods is easier to use than zinc from a vegetable source.
Other nutrients as a sensible combination with your Dr Krause Supplements Zink as zinc picolinate:
In general, food supplements are no substitute for a healthy, balanced diet.