Selenium – another essential trace element
The human body needs selenium for almost all organ systems to function properly and therefore it can be detected in almost all organs in different concentrations. The highest concentration is in the muscles, but when there is an increased need, it is redistributed by the body to other organs, such as the pituitary gland and the thyroid gland. The most important role of selenium in the human body is to protect against free radicals and to support the immune system. Furthermore, the optimal function of the thyroid gland and the binding of heavy metals in the body. Optimal sperm production also depends on sufficient selenium intake. With increasing age, the selenium requirement in humans also increases.
Dr. Krause Supplements Selen as sodium selenite:
- Well dosed: Each capsule contains 100 mcg of pure selenium as bioactive sodium selenite. Daily dose 1 capsule a day. Excellent value for money. Selenium is an essential trace element that all cells in the body need! It supports the normal function of the immune system and the thyroid gland and helps protect cells from oxidative stress, as well as maintaining normal hair and nails and normal sperm production.
- Bioavailability: Selenium as sodium selenite is particularly well absorbed by the body and is therefore available to metabolic processes particularly quickly. Sodium selenite has a better bioavailability than cheaper selenium compounds such as selenium yeast or selenium methionine.
- Laboratory-tested quality: With our selenium capsules, each batch is tested and certified for its purity by an independent German quality laboratory. Therefore guaranteed free of heavy metals, fungicides, pesticides, questionable colorants and preservatives, titanium dioxide. It is vegan and produced without genetic engineering, as well as naturally lactose-free and without magnesium stearate, yeast or starch.
- Environmentally friendly: We use 100% recyclable glass bottles, amber glass in pharmacist quality, for our product.
- Customer satisfaction: The satisfaction of our customers is very important to us at Dr Krause Supplements. Our medical staff will be happy to help you with any questions you may have about the product.
The specified daily intake must not be exceeded. Keep the product closed, cool, dry and out of the reach of children.
- Sodium selenite
- Capsule: vegan HPMC (cellulose capsules) WITHOUT titanium dioxide, calcium carbonate
- Bulking agents: microcrystalline cellulose, rice extract, sunflower oil, calcium phosphate
Take 1 capsule unchewed once a day, preferably in the morning, with sufficient liquid. Selenium should not be taken together with vitamin C, zinc or chromium (at least 1 hour between intake). Heavy metals and a high intake of other trace elements such as zinc or chromium interfere with selenium absorption.
Dr. Krause Supplements Selen as sodium selenite
High bioavailability of selenium as a high-quality sodium selenite. Sodium selenite is an inorganic selenium compound. These are better absorbed by the body than e.g. selenium methionine or selenium yeast.
This product is guaranteed to be free from: heavy metals, fungicides, pesticides, questionable dyes and preservatives, titanium dioxide (TiO2). It is vegan and produced without genetic engineering, as well as naturally lactose-free and without magnesium stearate, yeast or starch.
- to the normal function of the immune system.
- normal thyroid function.
- protect cells from oxidative stress.
- to maintain normal hair.
- to maintain normal nails.
- normal sperm formation.
Possible signs of selenium deficiency:
(Always consult your doctor or therapist) Immune system:
- increased susceptibility to infection,
- impaired thyroid function
- Skin / hair / nails: dry skin changes, tendency to hair loss, thin hair, brittle white-spotted nails.
- Fertility problems in men
- Muscle weakness, myopathies
- Bones: osteoarthropathies
Selenium in food:
The frontrunners in the selenium supply from food are: Meat, fish, seafood, eggs, grains and dairy products. Also mushrooms, cabbage and onion vegetables, lentils, asparagus and nuts – especially Brazil nuts.
The problem in Europe is the low selenium content of the soil, which generally means that it can be difficult to meet the selenium requirement through food (especially with a purely vegan diet).
Other food supplements as a sensible combination with your Dr. Krause Supplements Selen:
Magnesium Duplex / Vitamin C as calcium ascorbate / Vitamin D3 spray / Zinc as zinc picolinate
In general, food supplements are no substitute for a healthy, balanced diet.